Oberlin College, 1961, B.A.
University of Chicago Law School, 1964, J.D.
David’s clients include a wide variety of large and small businesses, not-for-profit entities and national, regional, and Chicago-based financial institutions.
His practice includes:
- Structuring of business enterprises to achieve client tax, operating, control and succession objectives.
- Preparing shareholder, partner and member buy-sell agreements, and executive employment and deferred compensation agreements.
- Financing of business enterprises using both equity investments and borrowings.
- Negotiating vendor and customer contracts and other documents relating to the operation of client businesses.
- Developing, constructing and leasing of commercial and industrial real estate.
- Representing of lenders and borrowers in connection with commercial asset-based loans, real estate mortgage loans, mezzanine loans and tax-exempt bond financings.
- Acquiring new businesses and disposing of existing businesses.
- Providing general counseling on legal matters to business owners and operators.
Prior to joining Krasnow Saunders Kaplan & Beninati, David was for many years a partner in the Chicago office of Seyfarth Shaw. He has spoken at National Business Institute seminars and at seminars sponsored by the Government Finance Officers Association and is the author of the 1993 Supplement to Illinois Real Estate Forms. David has been named by his peers as a Leading Lawyer in Illinois in five areas: Mergers & Acquisitions; Closely & Privately-Held Businesses; Banking & Financial Institutions; Real Estate Law - Finance; and Corporate Finance.